AWI Family Violence Policy
This policy applies to all persons we deal with and to communicate our support for those who are experiencing family violence.
We are aware that some people we deal with may be experiencing vulnerability due to family violence.
AWI will treat all persons in a respectful and sensitive manner with focus on the persons safety and wellbeing. We will ensure confidentiality and privacy of all details of persons who have been identified as experiencing family violence.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to support persons experiencing family violence and the need to reduce our impact whilst conducting our investigations.
Definition of Family Violence
Family Violence refers to violence, abuse and intimidation between persons who are currently or have previously been in a close relationship. Violence is used to control and dominate another person. Violence can cause fear, physical harm and or psychological harm.
When dealing with persons suffering family violence we will:
- Undertake our investigations in a respectful and sensitive manner
- Offer a support person when required
- Treat all information as sensitive and ensure confidentiality
- Offer various options to communicate
- Provide flexible times for interviews
- Offer safe places for meetings
- Ensure investigations are completed in a timely manner
- Provide details and links of specialised support networks
- Provide interpreter services when required
- Provide details of the insurers Family Violence Policy
- Provide support to AWI employees and contractors who are affected by dealing with vulnerable people
- Provide support to AWI employees who are affected by family violence
Training and Awareness
All employees and contractors will be trained in identifying and ways to assist those suffering from family violence to ensure that we treat those affected appropriately.
Resources – Support for woman and men
Emergency – Telephone 000
Safe Steps https://www.safesteps.org.au/ – Telephone 1800 015 188
1800 RESPECT https://www.1800respect.org.au/ – Telephone 1800 737 732
1800 RESPECT Interpreter – Telephone 1800 737 732 – Telephone 1800 755 988
InTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence – https://intouch.org.au/
Lifeline WA https://www.lifelinewa.org.au/ – Telephone 13 11 14
MensLine Australia https://mensline.org.au/ – Telephone 1300 78 99 78