We collected personal information in a number of different ways:
- we collect personal information directly from you such as when you provide personal information to us during the course of our dealings with you, and when you use our website;
- our clients;
- third parties including current or previous employers;
- third party service providers which provide insurance history, bankruptcy and other checks; and publicly available sources of information.
The personal information we collect relating to you may include (but not limited to) your name, contact details, date and place of birth,
occupation, education, medical and work history and information relating to your dealings with us and our clients.
The reason we collect personal information:
Personal information is required to enable us to provide the services offered by our business and to administer and manage our files.
Without personal information we may not be able to provide our core services.
AWI in collecting personal information will:
- only collect information that is necessary and by lawful means;
- where possible only collect information that is provided by the individual to whom the information relates;
- collect information in the least intrusive manner; and
- ensure information received from others was obtained with the individuals consent or by a person or organisation that is legally authorised to provide it on their behalf.
Disclosing personal information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to.
We take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised, modification or disclosure.
Information is destroyed or de- identified once it is no longer required for the purpose it was collected.
Occasionally we may need to provide your personal information or receive personal information about you from organisations or persons from other countries for the same purpose as “why we collect personal information?” If required personal information will only be disclosed and collected in accordance with privacy laws.
Access to you information
You have the right to request access or correction to your personal information by contacting us as set out below.
AWI is bound by professional obligations of confidentiality and information may be covered by legal privilege. We protect information we receive in accordance with these obligations.
If you have enquiries and concerns regarding the handling of your personal information or you want to modify your information, please contact our Managing Director, Tony Rompotis, telephone 08 9345 1570 or by email email@example.com
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner by telephone on 1300 363 992 or at www.privacy.gov.au